Self-Defense Classes offered by COBRA Self Defense Va. LLC
Adult Class (COBRA Fighting Systems)
C.O.B.R.A. ™ Fighting Systems allow ongoing training on a weekly basis. This is not a traditional martial art; it is a law enforcement based training system. There are thus no traditional martial arts uniforms, formalities, protocol or foreign languages used. There are no katas, no competitions, medals or trophies. C.O.B.R.A.™ Fighting Systems is presented in United States Police Academy format with emphasis on scenario based training.
Family & Kids Self Defense Class
Our Family and Kids program is an enjoyable and healthy way to get in shape, build confidence, develop a respect for yourself and of course learn important self-defense skills. COBRA provides students with training and character development skills that enable them to go after and achieve their goals.
Some people have lost the true meaning of family. In this day and time, family members seldom have opportunities to communicate with each other. Each family member is usually too busy working or going to school and studying. This brings up the big question: Why enjoy COBRA alone when you can enjoy it with family members? Family members can help each other grow stronger and become more confident in their everyday lives. COBRA builds a stronger sense of family within family and gives everyone a common interest upon which to build and discuss.
It is a known fact that children with low confidence are prime targets for bullies in school. COBRA’s Bully Response Plan will help children build their confidence through physical training and discipline. Through their training students set goals and learn to take the steps and establish the good habits that enable them to achieve those goals. Having family members practice together helps students of all ages learn together while spending quality time!
Listed below are some of the major benefits that your family will gain through COBRA training:
- They (and You) Will Get More Active: Our dynamic, interactive and fun classes will get the whole family moving! In our world of always being “plugged in” this class gives families time to be together and connect.
- They’ll Learn Conflict Resolution: In COBRA, you learn that there is no such thing as “fighting” words. Instead, you learn to respond without reacting.
- They will learn Character Development skills: Such as confidence, increased focus, coordination and athleticism, goal setting, self-discipline and problem solving.
- Learn Reality Based Self-Defense training as a family. Gain all of the benefits of martial arts, while learning self-defense for today’s world.
Active Shooter Response Plan™
The C.O.B.R.A. Defense VA Active Shooter Response Plan training is your best way to prepare for active shooter situations in schools, in businesses, and home.
This training isn’t just for school shootings. Shootings can happen in many different locations, and they happen at random. Almost 40% of mass shootings occur in businesses and places of work. You have no way of knowing in advance when or where this is going to happen. You may be sitting in church on Sunday, minding your own business, and have no idea that a psychopath is armed and is headed in your direction. The first indication you have that anything is wrong is when the gunman starts shooting. You have to be prepared to react to it.
While there are no guarantees, having an established and practiced plan can greatly increase your odds of survival in an active shooter situation. It is far better than doing absolutely nothing, which is what most people are doing right now. If you think about it, we have a plan for almost every other kind of emergency we might face. We have a plan for when a hurricane is coming, we have a plan for when a tornado hits, we have a plan for when the fire alarm goes off. But we don’t plan for is an active shooter. We will help you do just that.
C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense for Corporate and Business
Whether you work as a real estate agent, teacher, late night manager or other professional – we can provide corporate C.O.B.R.A. training.
- Situational Awareness, Criminal Intent
- Threat Recognition, Threat Levels
- What Works & What Doesn’t, Child Safety
- Strategies To Avoid Becoming A Victim
- Everyday Weapons For Defense
- Survival Mindset: What It Takes
Our training may be structured as:
- Corporate Self-Defense Awareness Seminars
- 1 Day Corporate Self-Defense Courses
- Corporate Self-Defense Team Building
- Active Shooter Response Plan Training
- Real Estate Agent Safety Training
- Protection Specialist Self-Defense training for security personnel, police officers, neighborhood watch patrol officers etc.
C.O.B.R.A. Self Defense Classes for Law Enforcement, Government and Security Agencies
As an officer, deputy or agent of any kind you and your agency understand how vital it is to stay ahead of the game when it involves officer safety vs criminal elements. If you, as an officer or agency, desire to increase your skill set of tactical knowledge then supplement and add to your mandatory training.
C.O.B.R.A.™ was developed to get to the core of how to win in just about any and all situations. We offer intense, structured training to groups and individuals in the public safety, law enforcement, parole, corrections, security & body guard fields.
Our training is cutting edge and intense. It will give you, the officer, a greater sense of security, not only to be more effective in your job but to win — no matter what. Often the state-mandated training that many recieve from a book or in an academy, while well-intended, just isn’t enough. Conditioning and controlling your tactical skills and emotions are a pre-requisite to winning a confrontation.
While many believe “a bigger gun wins the shoot out” we know and teach “learning how to use your skill under intense stress and fatigue is how you win.”
You can schedule training on a specific topic based on you or your group’s needs. See below for services offered.
- Live Contact Training: Mini Scenarios
- Advanced Striking
- Combat Conditioning (Threshold drills)
- Edge Weapons, Firearms
- Scenario Escape Drill
- Offensive Deadly Force
10 Week Self Defense Academy (Starting Jan. 21)
Here’s your chance to join the exciting, acclaimed and eye-opening C.O.B.R.A.™ reality self-defense system that is very effective at preparing you for the real world. It’s easy to learn regardless of your previous experience.
The Academy is 10 weeks, (2 nights per week) and will cover basic, intermediate and advanced self-defense techniques. Including, but not limited to: striking, escapes, weapons defense, ground defense, survival training and real life scenario training.
- 10 Week Reality Self-Defense training
- Training manual
- Official self-defense graduation certificate
- Official C.O.B.R.A. Gold™ Graduation t-shirt (Can Only Be Earned)
All classes are conducted in athletic street clothes in an academy atmosphere.
Limited spots available. First come, first served.
Registration (all inclusive): $399
CALL: 434-386-1547 for Phone Registrations or Questions
1 Day Adult Self-Defense Academy (3 hours)
You will Learn:
- Psychology of Self Defense
- Criminal Intent
- Environmental Awareness
- Close Quarter Combat
- Weapon Defenses
- Real-Life Scenario Training
- Deadly Force Situations
- Abduction Avoidance
Check back for day and time.
C.O.B.R.A. Kids 1 Day Self-Defense Academy (3 hours)
Our program comes from many years of study and training — along with a dose or two of common sense — to create the ultimate in child safety & self defense. During the one day 3 hour training academy, children participate in the following:
- Vehicle Abductions
- Home Invasion
- Communication Drills
- SAE IT Drills (Scream Attack Escape)
- “Circle Of Security” Instruction
- Simulated 911 Calls
- Kidnapping Defense
- Advanced Child Special Striking
- Bully & Confidence Scenarios
- Ages 6-12
Check back for day and time.